Friday, December 4, 2009

The Cape vs. The Rest

Back in October, a few of us went to a hip-hop competition called the Cape vs. the Rest. Local rappers and dancers were competing to join a team that will represent Cape Town in a battle against artists from Jo’burg and Pretoria. We went to support Tiro, Vernon’s son, who is a crumper. He advanced to the final round, but we were not able to stay for the end, so I’m not sure whether or not he actually made the team. One of the most talented people there was a beat-boxer (not sure if I spelled it correctly, but you know what I mean). He did five different sounds at the same time‼! I actually got him on video and will try to post it when I get home. He even made it to the final round of SA’s Got Talent (the South African version of America’s Got Talent).

No comments:

Post a Comment