Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stay Tuned....


This is a picture of Archbishop Desmond Tutu stepping down from the Tutu Tester. He came to visit the crew and celebrate having tested over 1,000 people! I thought it was going to be a laid back day, but it was an absolute media circus! There were TV and magazine reporters galore and a film crew shooting a documentary on his life. We had drafted a letter inviting him to Thanksgiving dinner at our guesthouse, but there were so many people there that I did not get to speak to him (though I did get to shake his hand!). I gave the letter to his assistant and she promised to pass it along. I was not holding my breath on that one, but she actually called before the day ended. Apparently the Archbishop already has two commitments on Thanksgiving and will not be able to do a third. She did tell me that there is a possibility that we could attend one of his services in December and have coffee with him afterword. I'm still waiting to confirm, but keep your fingers crossed! I'll keep you updated on how it goes...

Last week was the group excursion to Jo'burg, Pretoria, and Kruger Park, and I did not take my computer with me. I am back in Cape Town and am getting back in the swing of things. I will set aside some time this evening to blog and will have some posts up in the next day or so.

1 comment:

  1. That's Nienke! Hey there! Oh yea, and Archbishop Tutu!
    ~YouR RooMie

    ReplyDelete