Friday, November 20, 2009

Moni and Me



Ahinee came to visit me last week, and we had a GREAT time! It was so nice to have one of my best friends experience Cape Town with me. The weather wasn't the greatest, but we didn't let that stop us. The picture above is a view of Seapoint and Robben Island from the top of signal hill. We tried to get up to Table Mountain that day, but the cable car closed due to wind, so we went to watch the sunset on signal hill instead. Some of the highlights from her visit were shopping in Green Market Square, our adventure on the Garden Route (you'll have to get the stories from one of us in person...trust me, we can't make this stuff up :o), the elephant sanctuary, the zipline, and table mountain. Oh yeah....and the FOOD!!!!! We have been saying we are going to take a "Moni adventures" trip every year, so I guess this makes it official! Below are a few highlights from our week:



Egg man in the market on the phone with Madiba! He was supposed to let us know when Tutu called, but we haven't heard from him yet.

 
Dinner in the wine cellar....I'm still not sure how I feel about that experience.


 Cango Caves after going through some love tunnel or something (I can't remember the exact name, but the opening was so small that a lady actually got stuck in there. It took them 10 hours to get her out!) The motivation for this photo was 'What in the HECK did we just do????'



 Caution....Baboon crossing!!! Moni was so excited to see them :o)


Posing with Marula! By far my most favorite experience of the trip! I think Moni secretly loves elephants, but don't tell the AKAs :o)



Dressed and ready for the zipline...outfitted with all the gear and a water bottle!



George of the Jungle....No, wait...that's Moni!!!!



Glamour shots on Table Mountain!!!



ZA's Next Top Model!!!



At Nobel Square with Desi and Madiba!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Moni for the update! I had a great time and can not wait till our next Moni Adventure! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete