Friday, October 9, 2009

Resident Little Sister



While I was in Ohio, Kedada always called me 'the little sister'. To be honest, I never quite knew exactly why she called me that. Well, Dada, now I know! Alexis has officially become my resident little sister! Being the only two Black women in the house, we naturally gravitated toward each other, and over the past few weeks our relationship has really blossomed. We've both had our ups and downs while here, and I'm really grateful for her being there for me when I feeling down and I hope that I have done the same for her. We have quite a bit in common and get along really well. Before I upgraded to the bigger bed, she and I used to watch movies and fall asleep in my twin bed! Can you believe it??? Two grown women sleeping in a twin bed! We spend lots of time swapping stories about our families and school experiences. She and her mom are extremely close just like my mom and me, and we both come from blended families. She's a junior majoring in Political Science and American Studies and is considering law school after graduation. While here, she's interning at Christel House (a school K-12 for at-risk youth) and works counseling high school aged children. Overall, she's a really sweet girl, and I'm pretty sure we will remain friends long after this trip ends!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment